Fazaris, The Address Downtown Dubai

Seriously, nice food doesn't have to be complicated. A simple presentation but taste super, that is just enough.

Fazaris is one of the restaurant in town that offers that luxury to my tummy, thanks to the chefs who were so kind to cook for me. Located in The Address Downtown Dubai, Fazaris was an all day dining buffet restaurant until they change it into a'la carte for dinner. So there I was, enjoying my three course dinner with the company of my besty Shira.

The hostess greeted us upon arrival and lead us to our table, the ambiance of the restaurant was little bit too dark yet so serene and cozy in a way. Behind our seat was Calabar, somewhat annoying with the sound of the music from inside the bar every time the door was opened, I could not care less. It was weekend the bar was full, people were coming and going, the seat was right next to the aisle toward the bar. A drunk man peek on our seat and laughed, what was so funny.

The captain came and greeted us, offered the menu and recommended the mocktail, we got Apple Mojito although we were not sure whether we were going to like it, and he said not to worry, we can always change the drink if we don't like it. Good point. After few minute he came back with our mocktail and amazing little amuse bouche, Silk tofu and tuna.


What could be better than slices of fish for appetizer? Shira never liked raw fish before, but I told her that the Salmon was irresistible, you can not refuse the softness of the fishes. It was sweet, melt in the mouth, and most important it was so clean and had no fishy smell. I even like the sweet ginger pickles and the wasabi was strangely tasted little bit sweet too, strangely nice. Shira had a slice of the salmon, she loves it!

We got a plate of Dinamite Sushi, it was a fried sushi rice rolled up with nori coated with a little bit of tempura flour and Japanese mayonnaise on top. It was truly explosive!





Move on to the main course, I had Sirloin Wagyu Beef and Foie Gras with Potato Puree and Aromatic Jus. The beef was so tender and pinkish from the inside and had browney and smokey burned aroma from the outside. Right after the food delivered, a waitress came back to our table with -I am sure- a good intention and asked "do you want some ketchup or mayo?". How could you ruin this incredible piece of art with ketchup or mayo?!, I just said "no", that time my heart was broken only by the waitress who should have known that she just attempted to kill the life of the chef creation, it was a true crime. As I enjoy my main course I left nothing behind, I literary clean my own plate.


A nice young and handsome chef came and asked about the food, and we said nothing but a compliment to those plates he brought on to our table. They were simple in presentation and nothing too confusing (some plates make you wondering what's on it), very light, balance combination and nothing was over-powering from each other, super! I couldn't say more.

He was so kind and asked us, "Do you want to continue to the next course or do you want to go straight to the dessert?". We said "Dessert!". As much as we loved to continue of this amazing culinary experience, we are on diet, no other reason.

Just a hand signal away from the chef, the dessert was delivered by our waiter, a plate of TWO CAKES! Yes, the chef knows we are on diet yet he wants to fulfill our excitement over the the food. A slice of cheese cake and a slice of Tiramisu, heaven on earth, period.

The journey came to an end (for tonight!), Shira and I left the restaurant with joy and satisfaction. we hope we could come back again and explore more. I was glad I did not kill any life of chef creation, I did not want to complaint about anything at all even if my foie gras was under cooked. As I enjoyed eating it and trusted my guts that it is the way it was supposed to be.

The chefs are the pilot as well as the navigator, they will bring us to new places and give us with so much experience. The only rules in order to get all these is: trust your chefs!

Till we dine again,





**warning: this is intended only to the experience chefs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Lost You Baby (Miscarriage)

Job Hunting & Residence Visa

Cooks for Two Kitchens